[oslc-core] Public repository/registry for vocabularies

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Wed Feb 16 17:47:47 EST 2011

The project I was referring to is Open Ontology Repository [1]. This is an
open source project based on BioPortal which hosts many biology
ontologies. There is a sandbox server [2]. I saw a panel discussion on
this at SemTech 2010 [3]. I don't think they have a public instance up.

To see what this would look like, go to BioPortal [4]. This is a nice web
interface to the terms in multiple ontologies.

We could look for or wait for a public instance, or we could host the repo
on our OSLC server. I poked around the OOR project. They seem to have a
lot of meetings, but I could not find a place to download the code. The
BioPortal code is real, but I'm not sure what shape the OOR code is in. I
am following up with a project lead.

[1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository
[2] http://oor-01.cim3.net/
[4] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management
IBM Software, Rational
Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063

James Conallen/Philadelphia/IBM at IBMUS
Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA
02/16/2011 10:30 AM
Public repository/registry for vocabularies

Hi Arthur,

Just a reminder to dig up that repository you thought might be appropriate
for our OSLC use to publish our vocabularies.

jim conallen
CAM Lead Architect, OSLC AM Lead
jconallen at us.ibm.com
Rational Software, IBM Software Group