{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
(moved) Any interest in Resource Reconciliation as a specification/working group?
Posted: 11 April 2012 01:22 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-04-11

Moved to the Proposals for new specifications section, which was its intended home. If you use Option 1 below to indicate interest, please use its hyperlink rather than the “Reply” button on this thread.

I am wondering how much community interest there would be in forming a working groups in the following topic area. This is not a formal proposal of any kind, although I used a past one to give it some basic structure. If there appears to be sufficient interest in it, then we can make a proposal to Core at some future time.

Does a monitoring record about a computer system and an asset record about a computer system, taken together, describe one or two computer systems? This is a central issue when the resources described are not themselves electronic documents, be they computer systems, software applications, HTTP servers, whatever.

The goal of this effort would be to define a common set of resources, properties, and constraints on property values useful for answering that category of question, so that multiple tools can have a common understanding of the answer when they integrate.

If you WOULD like to participate in such a working group, please do ONE of the following (most preferred action is first):

1. Post a reply to this thread (the wikinfrastructure will email me, so I’ll know). Posting requires that you have a Forums ID, which is distinct from a Twiki ID as of this writing, so I’ll understand if you choose not to get yourself Yet Another ID to manage and email me instead.
  2. Email me using the information at JohnArwe

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}