{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
How to integrate IBM CLM tools with Desktop based tools
Posted: 02 July 2015 06:50 AM   Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-05-11

I have requirement where I need to integrate IBM CLM tools with Windows based tool(In house tool). Windows based tools is issue management tool data(Stored in XML file). This tool doesn’t have web interface. I am integrating these two tools using OSLC. Basically question is, how to call desktop application api from web application? I have developed OSLC adaptor between IBM CLM tool and Custom application. But I don’t have any idea on how to call Custom windows tool from my OSLC adaptor(web application).

All these three applications installed or hosted on different machine

I am stuck here, Any suggestion would be very much helpful. It’s bit urgent task

Posted: 02 July 2015 11:58 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2015-03-23

If you have a desktop application that provides an API that you can link to locally, but doesn’t provide remote access, then it cannot be accessed from another node. What you will need to do is to wrap the desktop application into a server application using any appropriate means: a Java Servlet, using Node.js and Express, Jetty, etc. Then you will need to support authentication.

The OSLC tutorials show how to do this for Bugzilla. See Integrating products with OSLC.

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}