{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}
How to add Testscript Steps using REST API?
Posted: 15 September 2014 08:42 AM   Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-09-15

Hello!

I’m trying to attach some Test script Steps to my Testcases in Rational Quality Management jazz Team Server. Until now, I was able to add Testcases and / or Test Scripts in the following way:

//SCENARIO C: RQM TestCase creation and update TestCase testcase = new TestCase(); testcase.setTitle(“Accessibility verification using a screen reader”); testcase.setDescription(“This test case uses a screen reader application to ensure that the web browser content fully complies with accessibility standards”);

//Get the Creation Factory URL for test cases so that we can create a test case String testcaseCreation = client.lookupCreationFactory( serviceProviderUrl, OSLCConstants.OSLC_QM_V2, testcase.getRdfTypes()[0].toString()); //Create the test case ClientResponse creationResponse = client.createResource(testcaseCreation, testcase, OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML); if (creationResponse.getStatusCode() != HttpServletResponse.SC_CREATED) { System.err.println(“ERROR: Could not create the test case (status ” + creationResponse.getStatusCode() + “)\n”); System.err.println(creationResponse.getEntity(String.class)); System.exit(1); } creationResponse.consumeContent(); String testcaseLocation = creationResponse.getHeaders().getFirst(HttpHeaders.LOCATION);

https://eclipse.googlesource.com/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.client/+/f0d73fa342dd95d18ff9cfd5bd0f8226d2eae3d5/org.eclipse.lyo.client.java.sample/src/main/java/org/eclipse/lyo/client/oslc/samples/RQMFormSample.java

I also need to add Test Script Steps. I’ve read some articles and some questions in this forum and I know, that I’d need to use the REST API. But I don’t know exactly how. I’ve also found an article about REST API, but I’m not sure, if I’m trying to use the right one: https://jazz.net/library/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/web-ui-programming/web-ui-todo-rest.html Is this the REST API, what I need? How can I use it? And how will I be able to create steps?

Could someone please help me?

Thanks, Krisztina

Posted: 15 September 2014 08:53 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2011-09-21

Hi, Kritsztina. I’d suggest asking on the jazz.net forum. You’ll probably get a better response there.

Lyo is a good way to consume the RQM OSLC API. I’m not certain offhand how to add steps to a test script, however, as test steps are not part of the standard OSLC QM vocabulary. You could try looking at the shape document for RQM’s test script resource to see if it has properties to describe the steps. If you find the property, you can then extend Lyo’s TestScript resource to add in the new property or set the values using Lyo’s extended property map.

Some background on resource shapes:

http://open-services.net/resources/tutorials/oslc-primer/resourceshapes/

Good luck, Sam

Posted: 15 September 2014 09:27 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-09-15

Hi Samuel,

I’ve already asked the same question, and they sent me to here… :) Thanks for Your answer, I’ll try it!

Best regards, Krisztina

Posted: 30 October 2017 04:32 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2017-10-30

Hello! I’m sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I’m with you) xunlei alternative

{paginate}
1 of 1
{/paginate}